Home Quixel Megascans

Quixel Suite woes: Can't reimport inputs, can't save smart materials

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Minos polycounter lvl 16
Hey guys,

I've had this annoying problem with DDO where the top row icons (open reimporter, save smart material, etc..) are all gone. Yesterday I saw the hotfix on the other thread and decided to give it a try. The icons did come back, but the reimporter still doesn't work. I'm trying to add an AO map to an existing project and when I click rerender nothing happens.

However, now I got a much bigger problem. I was creating a lot of base materials to share with other people but with this hotfix I can't even do that anymore. The option to save selected as Smart Material either got changed or removed, because I can't even see the folder where I was saving my smart materials to anymore. But the problem gets bigger... When I use the available option to save smart materials DDO just crashes (pictures attached with the error messages).

For now I asked a coworker to copy his DDO folder to a network drive and manually revert the hotfix so I can at least save smart materials.

This is very frustrating and unfortunate and only hurts the company. I'm pitching DDO to my team right now as a way to speed things up and problems like this don't help people overcome their skepticism towards the tool. Virtually everyone in the room had weird problems with DDO and now they stay away from the tool because of that.

Moving forward I'd recommend the team to make sure all features work 100% reliably before working on new ones. DDO is a very powerful tool but it needs to be more stable and reliable.

Replies