Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kingdom Hearts Twilight Clock Tower [UE4]

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
3DKyle interpolator
nLkkpwV.png

Hello
Welcome to my recreation of Kingdom Hearts Twilight Town Clock Tower.
This is something I’ve wanted to re-create for a while now but it's only recent that I've finished University and got the free time to do this.
I was sceptical at first whether to move on with this idea seeing as how Kingdom Hearts 3 has been announced and the trailers show this town, though a different part. However, I still wanted to give it a go.
I'm going to be using this environment for a number of reasons and I've created a list of goals I want to achieve during this process.
I want to also use this thread to show my workflow and hopefully gather some feedback from everyone during this environment creation.
I've always been a big fan of both Kingdom Hearts and Disney/Pixar and one of my objectives is to make it look like it fit's this style.
I also want to finish this environment as I would normally not finish of something I start due to other ideas I want to work on, however, I want to change that.

Objectives
  • Better myself in environment scale.
  • Become better and more efficient at modelling.
  • Improve myself using Zbrush.
  • Become better at texturing.
  • Get a better understanding of color and composition.
  • Better myself in lighting
  • Achieve Disney effect

Reference
KjVccKs.jpg
Excuse my mobile shots, however, this is the tower I wish to recreate. I want to try and make the colors stand out and give that Disney feel.

The Start
I’ve been working on this for a little while now, I started with a basic block out and then moved onto adding some more detail to the block out.
XVUqtMD.gif
[Animated Gif - Block out 1 & 2]

My plan for the middle of the plaza is to have a Keyblade in the ground which looks like it was forced into the ground which damaged the bricks. I also want to have a particle effect around it. If you have played Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days, I would like to create something like when Xion starts to disappear with the crystal type of effect.
I worked on a keyblade which turned out like this.
eckKNxB.png

Currently I feel happy with the block out now and plan to move onto modelling the main tower part. The town around will mostly be something I do after as depending on the shots I choose for my portfolio I will only work on the town if it is seen in the background.
Here are some more screen caps of the current block out.
vVsytKe.png
lMOpHOO.png
zf6uPWL.png
8eWRPGR.png

Next I'm going to move onto adding more to the scene and re-fining some of the meshes and add on from the block out. I'm also going to start adding some textures and tweak the lighting.

Thanks for spending the time to read through this and I hope to be releasing regular updates to help myself improve.

Replies