Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] PBR Modular House Pack (Exterior + Interior)

Hey all,

i've been dreaming about making modular packs for as long as i remember. I go to bed every night dreaming about snapping things together. Just kidding lol, its been on my to do list for atleast 1-2 years though clear.png

Long story short, i tried a few times, i failed a few times, and now im back at it again, stronger and more experienced than ever. And let me tell you, making modular stuff aint easy, some hefty brainstorming has to go on...
m12-jpg.142696

About the pack

• With it you can make a house, that would fit in suburbs of some medium & low income, your average factory working citizens basically...
  • Each modular wall section also has interior wall, so all houses that you make, will be walkable on the inside, if you wish so (you can also just make doors not openable)
  • All interior props will have drawers openable (great for open world survival games where you got to search for stuff)
  • Current gen PBR (physically based rendering materials)
  • Well over 100+ unique models
  • I will also include decals that will snap properly underneath windows, etc... to add grunge and wear & tear
  • Price of 30$+
  • Unity 5 and UE4 compatible

this is meant only as a smaller test pack... just to test the waters, if everything is as it should... once this is released, and if its popular enough, i will be making much bigger pack.

im fairly OK modeller, but weak in textures... never really textured a thing in my life, and i have limited photoshop knowledge, so thats why i've been looking for someone to partner with... but its quite hard to find someone that is good enough with PBR texturing, and has time... and wants to work with royalty based system... (revenue sharing)... im testing few people right now, and we'll see how it goes.

normal maps, i think i wont include them in the pack, atleast not now... with normal baking, i've had nothing but problems... sure i can bake some easy stuff, but as soon as something a bit more challenging comes, im lost in space, so i think i'll just skip them for now and provide them at update, it should look just as good, textures will really be high resolution.

I will also need a bit better name for the pack, i think? My company is called 3D Construct, or Construct in short... this is website so far... i will work on it ofcourse, http://3dconstruct.net/
This website is also my thesis for university. In order to finish my thesis, i have to finish my website, and to do that, i have to finish this pack clear.png So yeh, this is quite important for me.

i will also need few people to stress test the pack, and to make some nice houses with it that i could potentially include in promo shots.

so... what do you guys think, any pointers, any suggestions, i mean anything really is welcome here.
I will add more windows and more wall models, and maybe few more interior models, i made quite a few... so yeh i got plenty of work to do

one last thing, my pack is also going to be compatible with modular building system that was recently released on store, check it out if ur into modular stuff -> http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-modular-building-system-realtime-ingame-building-system.325315/

Replies

• bizilux
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    few updates so far:

from sunday

added balcony doors, i know they clip against railing, will enlarge balcony a bit
    m13-jpg.143503

added 2 dormer variations
    m14-jpg.143510

from tuesday

added 3 more roof sections with roof windows
    m15-png.143781

added modular gutter system, not fully completed yet
    m16-png.143830

added 3 variations of gable vents
    m17-png.143831

m18-png.143832

m19-png.143833

from today

made 2 new window variations that all fit into same opening, one has the ability to be opened and closed. i will probably make more today

outside view
    m21-jpg.143930

inside view
    m22-jpg.143931