Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

SOG Salute FF-10 Knife AAA Prop

JordanN
interpolator
Offline / Send Message
JordanN interpolator
I've finally found a part time job! Now I have time to get back to doing my portfolio instead of boring job searching all day. :poly121:

Here's a knife I got started on two weeks ago. I hope to get more modeling done this week followed with texturing and rendering.

Reference:
SywJLwa.png

High poly (W.I.P)

BSoYELb.jpg
mp2KOWN.jpg

Here's the video I've been using to help model this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJWirGQESsU"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJWirGQESsU[/ame]

Replies

• JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Shinigami wrote: »
    dont know what exactly you are refering with AAA but it has some massive pinching.

AAA = Prop that meets the requirement of AAA game development.

Can you explain to me what pinching is or how to fix it?
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    I believe when he is talking about pinching he is talking about the red areas.
    6uL0L7W.jpg
    In green I think you should make these much deeper to fit with the reference. The handle on the reference image is also very flat while yours seems fairly curved.
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Shinigami wrote: »
    you should get rid of typing AAA in titles. Let the product speak for itself :)

Basically you should first try to planar out the faces that show pinching. Double support loop the areas where pinching is visible to minimize impact. If that does not fix it, its probably topology. Youre one looks like the faces arent planar tho.

Agreed. Not just you in particular but I disagree with people putting titles such as "AAA" unless it is for a project that is AAA at which it is an art dump anyway.