Home Adobe Substance

Substance Designer 5 and RO's nodes

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
I recently purchased SD5 and enjoying it quite a bit. I also found RO's nodes that he uses for his work with Naughty Dog. Awesome, right? Not at the moment. ha ha! When I try to drag and drop one of his nodes into my graphs an update report pops up the information would read something like this....

1.1.0.14365: Diffuse to BaseColor
1.1.0.15151: Engine V4
1.1.0.15933: Remove unused package dependencies

I'm guessing he created these in SD4. What can I do to fix this problem? I'm following a tutorial that uses these nodes but the user is working with SD4. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue before or what I need to do to fix this.

If I open up the SBS file a warning symbol pops up and when I hover the mouse over the top it reads:

Invalid dependent packages
(file location)

I hope I explained things as clearly as I could. Let me know if I need to provide any other information.

Replies

• Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    You can right click on the package and bring up the Dependency manager. This will help you exactly what dependency causes the issue. You should then be able to right click on the broken one and either relocate it or delete it to fix your file.
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    According to the graph, the yellow text in the left corner reads "This graph is not editable because the package is read-only."

I've watched the Dependency Manager video you guys provide and quite helpful but because of this read-only status, I'm not too sure where to go from here. I've attempted to copy the entire graph into a new file and fix the dependencies that way, which works, the SBS file won't show up in the Library that I replaced the original.
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know what happened but all of a sudden, whatever I DID by accident, it has fixed itself. Maybe, I just needed to close SD5 and reopen it. No errors to speak of now.

I take that back. I spoke too soon. ha ha!
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    If you saved your file in the default SD library folder, it will always be read only. If you want to modify/fix the substance, open it from another folder than the library itself.
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm currently at work and don't have access to SD, but can I fix the dependency issues if it's a read only file? When I downloaded these files, I placed them in the library folder first thing after extracting them from the zip folder. Also, will those nodes read as 1x1 for a reason or should they read 256x256, 512, etc depending on absolute, or parent settings? I'm thinking out loud and just trying to figure out my new software.

I may just delete the files and start over when I get home. Try and open the files and fix the dependency issues before loading them into the library.
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    Yes, you should probably open them before putting them in the library. If the dependencies are looking for files in the standard library, once you fix them, you should be able to move your file around without breaking them again.
  • acealmighty13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Figured it out with the help of the Allegorithmic forums. Yay! At some point, I was messing with the settings and accidentally changed the Cooker size from 4096 to 1. Causing all my nodes to run at 1x1.