Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Quill's Crossbow

Mirhale
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Mirhale vertex
Hey guys,

This was a personal project that I started a few months ago, just thought of sharing it here and would love to see what you guys think, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

av4WxaR.jpg

EDIT:

here are more angles on the crossbow
zlVccCD.jpg

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Blur the reflection of the table enough that was don't see the limitations of screen space reflections. The site on the front could use some wear where it connects to the body, rotating it would cause some scratches and grease build up over time.
  • 3dReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dReaper polycounter lvl 4
    Agree with ZacD

Also, more shots of the piece would be great
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Its very cool, I like those gold highlights on the sides. But some of the effects are obscuring your work. Screenspace reflections dont look great, but the bloom is really killing the lighting work and detail too.
  • amirabd2130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    amirabd2130 polycounter lvl 7
    Nice work.
    I agree with others.
    I would love to see more shots
  • Mirhale
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mirhale vertex
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I decided to present it in a more singular main asset only presentation since it looks better this way imo xD, (SSR isn't collaborating with me :(). I tried experimenting with different methods to make the reflection from that table less obstructing like blurring out the gloss on by lessening the gloss values. I also gaussian blurred it in photoshop but in a minimalist manner this seems to work out well xD

and here are some different angles of the crossbow.

zlVccCD.jpg

ysalex wrote: »
    Its very cool, I like those gold highlights on the sides. But some of the effects are obscuring your work. Screenspace reflections dont look great, but the bloom is really killing the lighting work and detail too.

Hey ysalex, thanks for the thoughts man, appreciate it. when you said 'killing the lighting work and detail' should i take that as a good thing or bad? or both? xD