Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Elder Scrolls Fan Art - Dark Elf Noble (IMAGE HEAVY)

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
So I know I havent posted on here in a bit but I have been busy, anyway I just wanted to drop by and share my newest work, Im a pretty big fan of the Elder Scrolls and got inspired to make a character bust of my favorite race the dark elves. I was thinking she would be a dark elf noble/priestess class or something hence all the tribunal symbols. Hope you guys like it and if you have any crits or comments I would love to hear them! :)

dKY9aIq.jpg
McOvEx4.jpg
chAFCkq.jpg
vg3BLRI.jpg

Some of the high poly shots for you too! :D
Z3Vdol1.jpg
0UVSWxj.jpg
Q4p36K8.jpg

Replies

• Abrvpt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Abrvpt polycounter lvl 4
    Looking really good ! Very nice job. There's only one detail, it feels like half her head have been shaved instead of looking like a mohawk. It looks good on the high poly though, I think that the low poly hair planes start too much in the middle.
    Otherwise she's superb !
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Burns-excellent.gif&sa=X&ved=0CAkQ8wdqFQoTCNHrpoiYhcYCFaSdcgod7soAjA&usg=AFQjCNHgP7E9yg_SGzxBjPQ-PIakVsW_EA

I thought it was a guy, but well... dark elves...
  • Deadmon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadmon polycounter lvl 2
    First let me say this is awesome work. I really love the look of the cloth especially.

If Abrvpt is right and you are aiming for a mohawk, then the hair is cut off too short. It would still taper down closer to the nape of the neck. If you are not specifically aiming for mohawk and just going for a general undercut look I would consider maybe continuing the upward trend the bangs were making to have it shorter in the back. Currently, and I say this only because its the most apt description I have, it looks like what I know as a "chili-bowl" haircut in the back, which gives a kind of boy-ish (not man-ish) vibe to me.

I genuinely think this is an awesome job, the seemingly abrupt horizontal line in the back from the hair just throws me off with the visual flow the rest of your piece has.
  • praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
    Hey guys thanks for the feedback im glad you all like it overall! You know for the hair I was aiming for something like these:
    asymmetrical-bob-haircuts-2013.jpg
    hair-styling.jpg
    Looking back on it now I agree I could have pushed the planes over so it doesn't look so stark in the middle, and made the hair a bit longer to keep it from getting that chili bowl vibe to it. low poly hair has always been the bane of my existence when it comes to characters haha. Still glad you guys like it i'll keep these in mind when I start on my next project! :)