Home Technical Talk

Surface Pro 3 + CS6 tech issues

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
sun_smasher polycounter lvl 9
Hello all,

Hopefully someone might have an insight to my issue. I have a Surface Pro 3 which I got to do digital art on the go, but I've recently run into an issue that I cannot figure out. The issue is very difficult to describe so hopefully someone who has had it will recognize it and be able to help.

When I'm in CS6 and using the pen, the pen just stops working after I try to navigate. In some cases when I switch back to the mouse to try and navigate, it's like a button is already being held down by the pen. Basically in a nut shell, the pen driver just goes wonky inside of CS6.

I've had a Surface Pro 3 before this, and this issue never came up. I also have 2 different pens and this issue happens with both of them. I'm confident there's something wrong with a driver somewhere, or some setting, or something, I just don't know what.

The biggest issue is that N-Trig was recently acquired by Microsoft so I can't even go back to previous issues of their driver to see if that'll fix the issue (their website's been taken down).

TL;DR
Does anyone have issues with the pen in CS6 on a surface Pro 3 and if so how did you fix them?