Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Anatomy Study - First Post

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
jwills polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys,

First time posting on Polycount even thought I've been a long time lurker looking through all the awesome work.

A few days ago I decided to learn Zbrush as its such a popular program! Im not a very strong sculptor in general and im posting a few screenshots in the hope that you guys will be able to critique it and help me improve :)

I had trouble with the fore arm as i found it very complicated with all the muscles involved, so I most likely do an entire sculpt just for the arm.

This is at Subdiv 3 and rocking around 141,000 polys. Please do let me know of anything that strikes out at you as bad or wrong!

Thanks for looking :D

9ricyRT.png

XBq2Yac.png

417cLND.png

IrIsavA.png

Replies

• Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    Hey man, I am no master in this subject by a long stretch, so if I miss something or if I am wrong, take it with a grain of salt. The main problem areas are around his pelvic area, and arms.

His overall pelvic is too slim from the front, and the shape of the gluteus maximus is to squished together, let the ass have some fat =).

The deltoids need some more volume, and as you mentioned. His fore-arms are really blobby. You should give the hands and feet some time, The trapecius is too high as well, considering he is not as beef everywhere else, that muscle is too defined. Also it is too bad that you do not show the face, as it is hard to say if your neck is too long or not.

And also, when doing renders for feedback, you should have a not so dark matcap. I recommend using the "grey" one in Zbrush. And a tip that really helped me out, when doing a base, you should work on a lower sub division.

You are on a good way, so good luck and happy sculpting.