Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi Helicopter

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
warby polycounter lvl 18
For almost a decade I had this amazing piece of concept art of a futuristic looking "Rollerblade-Helicopter" in my "inspiration" folder.
On the day I saw it I promised myself: "That is so awesome ... one day you will build this thing in 3D". I would love to credit the person that originally came up with this design ... some polycount guys in another thread gave me some hot leads as to who it could be but none of the suggested artists had this peace in their portfolios or answered to my messages.
So lets consider this my "Tribute" to the anonymous artist who designed this Badboy! The mesh has 1.3 million triangles and is made out of a mix of uniquely modeled large shapes and lots of chaotic kit-bashing for small details. It has 6 "pbr" materials that are not calibrated to real world values but to my aesthetic sensibility. These are not prerendered images but real-time viewport grabs (using Koddes amazing pbr shader that you can fine here:http://www.kostas.se/shaderfx-tga-pbl-shader/ ) plus a ton of post production in Photoshop.

would love some views and likes and perhaps even a follow on artstation ... I hear that stuff does wonders for your ego ^^ :

https://www.artstation.com/artist/warby

soenke-c-warby-seidel-future-chopper-01.jpg

soenke-c-warby-seidel-future-chopper-02.jpg

soenke-c-warby-seidel-future-chopper-03.jpg

soenke-c-warby-seidel-future-chopper-04.jpg

soenke-c-warby-seidel-future-chopper-05.jpg

soenke-c-warby-seidel-future-chopper-06.jpg

soenke-c-warby-seidel-future-chopper-07.jpg

soenke-c-warby-seidel-future-chopper-08.jpg

The Black-letterboxing is on purpose I tried to make each picture look as much as a frame of a movie as my meager composting skills would allow. I also acknowledge that having motion blur in the background but no motion blur on the rotor blades makes no sense a all ...I plain simple could not figure out a way to blur the blades that looked any good.

Replies