Home General Discussion

If one has been looking for a desk mount for their monitor or graphics display...

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
iadagraca polycounter lvl 5
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VHN8DPI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Loctek Full Motion Gas Spring Dual Arm Desk Monitor Mounts for 10 to 27-Inch (D5D): Computers & Accessories[/ame]

^This is a dual arm one for $99 I'll be getting a huion tablet soon so i was getting a single arm one but then i found this on sale and thought it would be a much better alternative to a wall mount.

I bought it and i'll have it Saturday and i'll update you guys on how it is.

These thing are usually $200 so it's a pretty good deal.

Replies

• iadagraca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iadagraca polycounter lvl 5
    Ok so here's a bunch of pictures for the arm, it's still $100 on amazon too...

The arm will mostly be like this for my main monitor.

FbgDaBy.jpg
    BcrSF5v.jpg

And this when i'm using it like a TV

y9sVYhY.jpg
    QzuR2Q2.jpg

While the second arm will be what i put the 19" huion on i wanted to test the angles. My main monitor is a 24" LG. This angle seemed comfortable for me.

dN4SLe8.jpg

This is the lowest i could get it.

65NLvem.jpg
    9eyXwb4.jpg
    7E2hpky.jpg

This angle seems nicer for sketching than painting maybe, either way it seems like it'll get the job done.

You can find the amazon link in the first post. Usually these things are $200 so i feel like i got a good deal.

It was easy enough to set up too, wire management was a bit odd but doesn't bother too much.

I think this is a really good idea.
  • Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    I was thinking of getting something similar to this, but putting my Wacom on it, i find myself hunching over to draw from a flat surface i.e a desk. Nice find.
  • sheckee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sheckee polycounter lvl 9
    This arm looks cool, I just purchased the Ergotron LX arm - [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ergotron-Desk-Mount-LCD-Arm/dp/B00358RIRC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433192119&sr=8-1&keywords=ergotron+lx"]Ergotron LX Desk Mount LCD Arm: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories[/ame] and an extra extension arm for it and it's superb, although it doesn't offer the Dual arm capabilities. The only issue with it for me is that the device I have on it is on the upper side of it's maximum weight limit, and so it bounces a little under the weight. It's not terrible, but noticeable at times.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    sheckee wrote: »
    The only issue with it for me is that the device I have on it is on the upper side of it's maximum weight limit, and so it bounces a little under the weight. It's not terrible, but noticeable at times.
    I have the same issue with mine. I have a foam bar under my tablet when I rest it on the desk.
  • sheckee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sheckee polycounter lvl 9
    Lamont wrote: »
    I have the same issue with mine. I have a foam bar under my tablet when I rest it on the desk.

Sounds like a good idea actually, I might have to copy you on that! :) What device are you using on it?
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15