Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Ddo to marmoset, best settings?

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
kanga quad damage
Hi
Would be great to get some advice on map export settings from ddo for use in Toolbag2.
I saw that export can be set for metal skin etc. Searching on the wiki didnt solve the problem of exporting maps for a character that is metal skin etc so I exported as undefined. The maps look great in unity and in max but they dont work in toolbag. Changing interpretation in the preferences doesnt help so how do you guys get the best result when exporting textures?

Normal maps straight out of xnormal look great in toolbag, ddo maps dont yet.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

Im not entirely sure I understand your question, sorry! Do you mean you have a texture that contain both metal and skin, or?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Hi Eric thanks for your response.
    I have a character model that is skin, metal, fabric etc, all on one sheet so how the marmoset calibration split works with ddo is a bit of a mystery and I havent found info on which preset to use in my case. I cant get the uncalibrated textures to work in marmoset. The normal maps are wrong and the other maps are dim so there is something basic I am missing.

I only know that my ddo maps are incorrect because other (xnormal) maps display properly in marmoset by comparisson.

Thanks again for the help.
    Cheerio
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I understand now! I saw you created two new threads about this issue, did you get enough information through those threads or is this still an issue for you?
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Thanks Eric Ramberg.
    I am just trying stuff out to see what the best presentation method for my game characters would be.
    I tested toolbag with ddo maps calibrated for unity 5 and they worked fine in unity. The pbr seems to suck quite a bit of punch out of the albedo though. Toolbag isnt working yet. If I have a character made up of skin fabric and metal what are the best ddo settings for marmoset?

Thanks
    Cheerio