Home Technical Talk

Zbrush: Can't sculpt after Projection Master - Stuck on rotate tool

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
oxygencube polycounter lvl 8
So I've been having this issue the past few days. I drop my subtool to Projection Master, draw, then pick it back up. My tool turns a shade of grey and I am stuck on the rotate tool and can't sculpt on it. It isn't my color or material that has changed. I can hold ctrl to mask but can't sculpt or draw. I can't hold shift to smooth either. If I save my tool and restart zbrush every thing is fixed.

I'm sure there is an easy fix but am still learning.

Thanks for any help. Thx!

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Exit edit mode and clear the document.
    Set the RGB and Z Intensities to 100, then redraw the tool onto the document and go back into edit mode.

Any value less than 100 (even as high as 99) will cause that behavior.

There's a bug with projection master (caused by saving projects in 2.5d mode, which includes quick saves) that will cause those values to stick with whatever the 2.5d brush is currently set to when Projection Master goes to pick the pick the tool back up.
  • oxygencube
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oxygencube polycounter lvl 8
    Brilliant! I thought I was going crazy. Thanks so much for this. It's times like this that I wish there was a tip jar on polycount. A quick answer like this, especially for something buggy and less documented like this, is easily worth a $1 tip.

Thx again!
  • pixeldamage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixeldamage polycounter lvl 14
    Having a similar issue when coming out of Projection Master. Model appears flat and grey. The workaround above fixes the grey issue but the volume still doesn't come back. Re-initializing ZBrush each time seems to fix it for me
  • AlexKola
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexKola polycounter lvl 9
    Another Fix here, just go to Projection Master and Hit Drop, then Pick it right back up. Fixed things for me! :D