Home Technical Talk

Fixing Stretched Polys Issue...

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
bkost interpolator
Hey guys, I was wondering how I may fix this without dynameshing this part of the model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

5sm0Y.jpg

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    There isn't much you can do without retopologizing in some way. You could subdivide but it would be equivalently stretched in all subD levels.
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Bartalon wrote: »
    There isn't much you can do without retopologizing in some way. You could subdivide but it would be equivalently stretched in all subD levels.

Okay, thank you for the quick reply! I'm really new to zbrush...

Is there a way to retopo just this area? Any guidance is helpful. Thank you
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can retopo specific areas with Zspheres but it will come out as a separate subtool. You can also mask out everywhere but that section and subdivide it but it's a pretty messy method, and I think it also adds to your subdivision levels.

Why can't you use Dynamesh if you don't mind my asking?
  • bkost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bkost interpolator
    Bartalon wrote: »
    You can retopo specific areas with Zspheres but it will come out as a separate subtool. You can also mask out everywhere but that section and subdivide it but it's a pretty messy method, and I think it also adds to your subdivision levels.

Why can't you use Dynamesh if you don't mind my asking?

Doesn't Dynamesh mess with all of your fine details? I already have my face and body pretty detailed.

I just went with making a seperate subtool and sculpted out an ear!
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, Dynamesh will result in some loss of detail. Generally you will want to use Dynamesh to block out all the major details of your bust before subdividing and going into the finer details as to avoid your current dilemma.

You could always make a duplicate of your current model, re-dynamesh to get more polys, then use the Project All feature in the SubTool palette to get back all your details from your original mesh.