Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: dDo crashes on Mask edit

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
praetus interpolator
I've gotten this error followed by a crash no less than 20 times tonight while trying to open the mask edit panel.

6n7ryJ4.jpg

dKuFQ90.jpg

I'm running the 1.8 version with photoshop CS 5.1

I've had to restart projects numerous times because of this error and there is never any telling of when it will creep up. The worst part is sometimes it just decides to work out of the blue, only to hit the same error later on in the night. I've tried to work around this and give you guys the benefit of the doubt, but I am really close to just throwing in the towel when it comes to Quixel.

Replies

• PlateCaptain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi praetus,

Have you installed the stability patch for 1.8? You can find it here.

That would be the first thing I would try, if you haven't already.
  • Anisoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've noticed a crash when trying to mask out a section for NDO to create normal map from. The software tells me Error 1302:No such element, then crashes completely. I am unsure if this is a bug or a problem on my part, so feedback as to why this may be happening would help me a lot. sdd3ig.png

Thanks.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    prateus - Have you tried what PlateCaptain suggests?

Anisoft - Are you experiencing any other issues wih Ndo? Do you have an english install of Photoshop?
  • Anisoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Besides that one, no. I do have an English version of Photoshop. I noticed this only happens if I try to create a normal from mask in the normal.psd. If I use a mask, fill itm then undo the mask (inside the normal) it works, and if I create normal from mask inside lets say the diffuse.psd, it works.

I am very unsure as to why it would be doing this.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    So, I installed the stability patch and it stopped dDo from outright crashing but it still gives me the first error about wanting to flatten the image. So far telling it to keep layers has worked but I've only tested it on one file so far. I'll let you know if it crashes or not from the same error if it happens again.
  • Anisoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want to also let you know that my crash (above) still happens after the newest stability patch.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Praetus - Does this happen on every project? Is the project that you are working on now very large?

Anisoft - I´m gonna havet to ask a NDO expert, let me get back to you!
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Not every project no, which is why it can be so irritating. Makes it hard to try and figure out why it does it.
  • Anisoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I noticed one of the reasons its crashes, if you ask to create a Normal but don't have it below the normal folder/ weird circle symbol, it will crash. So as long as I leave it under the normal control layer and inside the normal folder, it wont crash.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus - Would you be willing to download and try all the sample projects from the wiki

If they all work, then its most likely something in your input that is causing the problem, and in that case could you upload one of your projects that doesn´t work for you so that I can have a look at it?

Anisoft - Thanks for the details, I will pass them on!