Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Control Room

LostLeo77
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
LostLeo77 polycounter lvl 3
Hello, I've been working on this scene for past few weeks. It originally started as modeling practice to model in a specific time-frame. After I finished it, I decided to make it into a full scene.

This is my first scene in UE4 and my first time using PBR workflow.

Still working on lighting and looking to change the end piece. Also to some particle systems here and there.

Feedback and criticism welcome!

oGUJfIj.png

Based on a concept by Lee Ray. http://www.lee-ray.com/page1.html

Replies

• particleman1010
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    particleman1010 polycounter lvl 8
    Nice work!

Only comment I have is with how bright your window lighting is, I feel like the computer screens should be much dimmer by comparison. Maybe desaturate and dim the screens would balance it out a bit? FWIW this is better than anything I've posted, just trying to help.
  • mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice so far. For the window I think it would be cool to have an awesome looking space skybox with a really bright sun or something. I assume this is part of some sort of orbital station or ship. If not a high attitude skybox with clouds and maybe a mountain or two just about visible would be awesome as well.
  • Shokunin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shokunin polycounter lvl 4
    Hey Leo, it's me Frank ;) Nice work so far! I think the textures need more refinements which is obvious I guess. More edge wear, a few scratches, some subtle grime buildup and the like. The material properties should also be tweaked to bring it more into a metallic look I'd say. Ceiling pipes have that property but seem a bit noisy. For the lighting, you know I would dig a direct light shining inside at a lower angle to create some dramatic shadow casting. And settle on a time of day you would like to reproduce. If you come by school, I could lend a hand with lighting if need be, I have been working a lot with light setups in UE4 myself recently. Also, some kind of nice prop in the hallway would be cool and could help break up the composition a bit. Maybe an ammo box with cloth over it to showcase some soft bodies against the hard surface. Also, had to think of this: jpg
  • LostLeo77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Particleman1010 : Thanks! and yes I agree, the outdoor is a little too blasted. gotta fix.

@ mats effect : Yes, a skybox is needed. going to try for a sunset type maybe...

Thanks Frank! I worked on making them more metallic. Yeah the lighting isnt deep enough to be have any impact. Thinking of a sunset type of lighting. and I think I might swing by school, really could use help on the lighting. And yes! I like the idea of adding a ammo crate, gathering ref's now!
  • LostLeo77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, new update. added a ammo box with a gun propped up next to it. changed the window/end piece. still working on the lighting and material tweaks.

6zzctzC.png
  • LostLeo77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update! changes exterior lighting position and color more material tweaks.

Feedback and criticism welcome!

vgLyAPp.png

rgZaZGM.png
  • LostLeo77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, havent posted in a while due to my UE4 completely messing up and my project getting corrupted. So I had to rebuild the scene entirely, I think I benefited from it actually, not making the same mistakes as before and having better knowledge on ue4.

BrYkbjq.png
  • LostLeo77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, new update and I'm confident in calling this one done. really refined the textures for more reflectivity.

9bkmefC.png

bJABlz4.png