Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Strong Man WIP - Don't you want to be as strong as he is?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Kapoff polycounter lvl 11
Ladies and Gentlemen, for your pleasure ( I hope at least), come witness the Strong Man!

Feedback deeply appreciated!

WIP_sculpt_pass01.jpg
So this is the first pass on this guy. I started with a basemesh I already worked on in a previous project, so most of the anatomy was already there. But the proportions were adjusted.

Here's the before/after shot:
basemessh_to_pass01.jpg

And the reference board, in case someone wonders what I look at while I sculpt this guy:ref_board.JPG

It's been a long time since I last visited this awesome place. For a few months now I've wanted to get back on the forum to post some arts in hope of feedback, but never got to the point of actually doing it. (Yeah, shame on me.)

But now I'm here, with a new project , that's I'll try to document as well as I can.

This means Work in Progress shots, explaining what I did and why I did it (and all the other stuff that will eventually be posted for any given/unknown reason).

Replies

• BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    What a strong looking man.

Silhouette's looking nice, good job so far (& sub'd). :)
  • Orsony
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orsony polycounter lvl 4
    I think your general proportion and knowledge of muscles is pretty decent but there's a few things that are a bit jarring, in my opinion mind you.

The forearms look definitely look very strong, but generally where you see arms that big on such a brick of a body is with the bear-ish sorts of physique. Otherwise much larger lats and traps would make it more reasonable.

From the top of torso there's quite a lot of tone, i'd blend that in a little further to make it match the lowest set of abs and the obliques as that area seems looks the more reasonable out of the abs. Mainly because the grooves between the abdominals are too deep as is the lack of muscle under the ribcage. Usually bodybuilders get that effect by pulling their chests right up and tensing and he looks quite relaxed. Mind you some people have that sort of ribcage.

I'd also put a bit more study in to the way a knee is built, as the front looks way off.

Best of luck!

Those are just nitpicks, but it's whats standing out to me.