Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Tenement Building Facade

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
desktoppirate polycounter lvl 11
Hey guys, just wanted to post up something I've been chipping away at for the last few months. Getting to that "fucking hate it, start new thing", stage so I thought it'd be a good idea to get some fresh sets of eyes on it.

Any comments or crits would be great!

LZjjy43.jpg

otKDDwN.jpg

d2cBpmV.jpg

FPc4VGD.jpg

A fair few things are still either untextured or have a base texture on, so I'm looking to start pushing that closer to finish soon, especially the bricks.

Cheers

Replies

• GC_Vos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GC_Vos polycounter lvl 3
    Why would you think "fuck it" on this one, it looks great! I think the textures could do with a little more contrast/saturation. It'll make your bricks stand out a little more as they look a bit washed out right now. But overall it looks like a good start. Geometrywise (is that a word?) I think your staircases look a tad flimsy, like they couldn't support the weight of a person. Other than that I'd say keep on rocking. ;)
  • desktoppirate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    desktoppirate polycounter lvl 11
    @GC_Vos Thanks for the comment! I'll fatten up the walkways on the fire escapes in the next update, you're right about how thin they are at the moment. Hopefully it'll take some of the noise out of the image too.

Just worked on some textures today: some brick and trims. Also started blocking out the side of the building. Having a floating facade wasn't really working, so I'll play around with how to make the side look interesting, but not distract from the front too much.

pmGd7da.jpg
    j09aMvJ.jpg

Cheers
  • GC_Vos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GC_Vos polycounter lvl 3
    It does look a lot better like this, more character and less sterile. Is this going to be part of any environmental set, or is it just for practice/portfolio work?