Home Adobe Substance

Substande Designer 5.0.3 - adding nodes

mobpapst
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys,

iam new to SD and i want to test a few things. but right now i got the first problem. i choosed the pbr spec/gloss set for start. but i also need a height output. i saw on the previous versions of SD that i was possible to add output nodes directly under craeting a "new substance" tab. how can i do this now?

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    You can add an output node by pressing "space" on your keyboard and then selecting "Output" in the bottom of the menu. Then in the properties of the node you can add a new usage as "height".
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok thanks i found this already too but the problem is that all my outputs are set to a defined resolution like 2048 x 2048. the new node dont have this resolution and i dont know where to set it.
  • Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    By default new nodes are set as "Relative to parent" which means they will follow the properties of the graph. I guess your nodes have a size set to absolute ? The best would be to make them as relative to parent too and then set your graph size to absolute at 2K.

1428055543-size.gif
  • mobpapst
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok thanks mate. the problem was that the new node doesn't belonged to the previous created group. the drag and drop options at this point are very bad. there should be a truely hint to connect this stuff. but now it works