Home Technical Talk

New to the dual monitor idea...

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
acealmighty13 polycounter lvl 10
I'm an environment artist and looking for any edge I can to improve my work and coming back from GDC dual monitors came up a couple times. My current monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 906bw. I'm open to this idea but don't want to spend a fortune. I tried reading through a couple threads about it but I'm missing out on some of the technical jargon that is being used. What do I need to make this happen? Any software? Any information would help me out quite a bit to at least understanding a dual monitor setup.

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    All you need is 2 monitors, any modern computer will support at least 2 monitors. Most dedicated GPUs support 3 or 4 displays.
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    As long as your video card has multiple outputs, your computer can support multiple monitors. My GTX 660-TI supports three monitors: one HDMI, one DVI-I and one DVI-D. All you need is the correct adapters to plug them all in and modern computers should recognize them immediately with no special software (assuming you already have your standard nVidia drivers installed).