Home General Discussion

[AK]Looking for references

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
WaYWO greentooth
Hella, looking for references of AK47 know there is a tons of refs on that iconic piece but i need your help to find references that actually show how different pieces are fitting together , please :poly142:

Replies

• WaYWO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    For example its a pain for me to know how fuse these pieces circled in red :
    1425752253-please.jpg
  • Amsterdam Hilton Hotel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amsterdam Hilton Hotel insane polycounter
    First of all, you have the best username on this site, I think.

Now here are some good ways to get refs of real guns:

1. First, google <gun name> parts diagram. You'll get a lot of stuff like this:

AK_47_drawing.png

which solves many problems right off the bat.

2. Google <name of manufacturer / designer / factory> <gun name>, like this random example. You'll get a lot of close-up pics this way because when people post questions about their guns online, they tend to tag them with manufacturer.

3. Google <gun name> auction/sale. People selling guns often take great pictures of them.

4. Once you start learning gun part names (you pick it up over time), you can usually google <gun name> <gun part> to get straight to the good stuff.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
  • WaYWO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    First of all, you have the best username on this site, I think.
    thanks haha
    Now here are some good ways to get refs of real guns:

1. First, google <gun name> parts diagram. You'll get a lot of stuff like this:

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.AK_47_drawing.png

which solves many problems right off the bat.

2. Google <name of manufacturer / designer / factory> <gun name>, like this random example. You'll get a lot of close-up pics this way because when people post questions about their guns online, they tend to tag them with manufacturer.

3. Google <gun name> auction/sale. People selling guns often take great pictures of them.

4. Once you start learning gun part names (you pick it up over time), you can usually google <gun name> <gun part> to get straight to the good stuff.
    thanks buddy didnt expect putting the name of manufacturer will giving me all that sauce, the diagram is already excellent! :)

@low odor : i love you man thanks for the concept :)
  • RedRogueXIII
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RedRogueXIII polycounter lvl 16
    You could also give World of Guns a go, especially since the AK is the first one you get free. It's really helpful for how parts fit together.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    There are also some sites I'll go to for specific references and information.

http://gunsru.ru/ has a lot of good pictures for various russian weapons.

While the more well-known http://world.guns.ru/ has less in the way of references, but a better english translation, more information, and more weapon entries.

You can also look at different variants of AK's if the specific part you need a ref. for remains unchanged. I'm working on an OTs-12 at the moment, and there are maybe 5 references for it I could find in bad res? But since it shares most of its body with an AKS74u and its magazine with the OTs Groza I was able to model it quite accurately.

Also for google searches, Tula and Izmash were recently combined into Kalashnikov Concern.
  • WaYWO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    You could also give World of Guns a go, especially since the AK is the first one you get free. It's really helpful for how parts fit together.
    thanks RedRogueXIII, these xrays are sexy :D
    There are also some sites I'll go to for specific references and information.

http://gunsru.ru/ has a lot of good pictures for various russian weapons.

While the more well-known http://world.guns.ru/ has less in the way of references, but a better english translation, more information, and more weapon entries.
    thank u @Bek for providing the hotlinks and advices, have already start modeling a classic AK (before redesign it) !
  • Stranger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stranger polycounter lvl 5
    i have a SAR 1, it has wear for someone who used to go hunting with it. So if you want real gun wear. hit me a PM
  • WaYWO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WaYWO greentooth
    World of Guns is awesome, cant stop reassembling :poly142: