Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PBR Chandelier

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Matt_Billeci polycounter lvl 7
Just got done throwing some textures on this piece. I have been familiarizing myself with the PBR workflow so here is another crack at it. Any C&Cs are much appreciated! =D

IFCdt5J.jpg

fH0bcb7.jpg

and some ref!

M64IHba.jpg

Replies

• DanielR17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanielR17 polycounter lvl 7
    Hello Matt,

Wah, I'm impressed. How many tris does this asset have?
    Great job on the materials. How did you setup the top part material (the translucent one)?

Did you do the modeling too?

Not easy to find something to suggest. Maybe the lightbulb could glow more and be brighter. A glare effect could be cool too.

Just found an old paper (1999) regarding the subject of physically-based glare effects for digital images. Very technical but interesting: http://luthuli.cs.uiuc.edu/~daf/courses/Rendering/Papers3/spencer95.pdf
  • Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Really nice, love these kind of lamps! Looks a bit shiny though even for the gold-ish plated look.
    DanielR17 wrote: »
    Not easy to find something to suggest. Maybe the lightbulb could glow more and be brighter. A glare effect could be cool too.
    I may be wrong but since there are no wiring going from the light to the top of the lamp I would guess that this is a kerosene lamp which makes the glow appropriate.
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah I would bring up the roughness a little more in the brass metal and the glass bowl. They're both a little bit over the top.
  • Matt_Billeci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Daniel

Thanks for the PDF man, I'll take a gander through it a little later. As for how I got the shader, I essentially mimicked skin inside of Marmoset using a thickness map and tweaked with the color settings. Also it sits around 15k tris.

@magihat

Thanks! I was actually going for an oil based lamp so no wires here at all.

@tobo

Thanks for the feedback. You and Magihat are spot on with it being too glossy.
  • Matt_Billeci
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update-
    Just updated my oil chandelier based on some feedback from you guys and other artists. Ended up adding more history and material definition (ie dust, wear, polish marks, scratches, etc.)
    Gpx2KYl.jpg

kxkGDVv.jpg

6s0jcSb.jpg