Home Digital Sketchbooks

The Accounta-buddies Digital Sketchboot

Hello all,

This is digital sketch book that some coworkers and I have started. ITT; we post the W.I.P's, final comps, and time lapses of the projects we're working on. We created this space so that we could give each other motivation to post regularly while also creating a platform for us to practice giving and receiving feedback.

Each week we randomly select a theme and a topic and either draw or model something under those constraints.

The first weeks constrains were

Paper craft & creatures

My concept is an orgasmic turtle which has a shell designed based on a child's fortune teller.I will be taking this small sketch and turning it into a low poly model over the course of the next 5 days.

NJcNYSM.png

The concept originally came from sketching a Centipede. Their recursive body structure would have allowed me to spend a large amount of detail on detailing the body while also drawing a colorful texture. While sketching and folding papers, the body of the torso looked like a shell which then lead my tangential mind from snails to lobsters to stingrays(?) and finally to a turtle. then I thought that those silly fortune tellers we made as kids made a great startpoint for the shell of the turtle. After establishing that connecting, the rest of the sketch came pretty naturally.

Replies