Home Technical Talk

Looking for something to assign random colours

gloriousczar
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
gloriousczar polycounter lvl 6
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of a script or something that would identify each island of white, then assign random colours in photoshop or something? Like in the example, sampling each white space and assigning it a random colour. I could magic wand each brick but I'm looking for something faster. If that's not possible, maybe just a button you could hit that would fill your current selection with a random colour? Thanks!

F8ZLGbc.jpg

Replies

• StormyBA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StormyBA polycounter lvl 8
    What are you trying to do with it? Why does every brick need to be a different colour?
  • ZombieWells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieWells polycounter lvl 12
    look on script spot or just search "assign random material 3ds max" there is a way to do this standard in max, but it takes like 5 seconds to set up as you need to make a multi/sub-object mat for it to work, and I think it needs to be editable mesh. So, make one object- make mesh- go to Modify panel-MaterialByElement- make multi/sub-object-make colors. done. or just find a script on script spot.
  • kurt_hectic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kurt_hectic polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, PS miss scripts/generators like this. I would use magic wand, select random 10 bricks, add feather ~2 and assign color, after 3 rounds it will be done.