Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fantasy Sword - PBR

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Green Pirate64 polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys here is one of my first PBR models and before I move on making more I'd like some serious critiques. I used 3DS, Zbrush, Substance and Marmoset.

The concept for the sword came from Prosomogy

5r9n22K.png
CURMSy2.png

Replies

• Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    I think you can push the materials and lighting more. It's looking pretty flat for PBR.
  • Green Pirate64
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Should I lighten the roughness map to get more from the environment? I messed with the lights and will post more results when I get home from work. I'll probably post the maps on here as well if that will help. I also used the UE4 shader in marmoset and was getting some weird results initially before I tweaked a few things to get what you see in the images.
  • electricsauce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    electricsauce polycounter lvl 11
    Looks cool. Why is your low poly 1.7k tris?
  • Dmellott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmellott greentooth
    What's up Green Pirate? This is looking cool dude, I really dig the shape of this thing and the low looks really nice. Good stuff man.

I am going to side with Tobbo on this one, it is coming across as flat. I would definitely suggest messing with your roughness map, and maybe check your metalness values as it isn't quite coming across as metal just at the moment. Give em another look man!

Overall, looking pretty sweet dude. Definitely gonna keep my eye on this one!
  • Green Pirate64
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys. Ill definitely post the maps in a few hours so I can get some help with that. Its 1.7k just because lol. There are a lot of places I can merge verts to get it lower but I was more concerned with getting some practice in pbr and how it works for this project.
  • Green Pirate64
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is probably going to take a little longer than I though so I will update in when I fix these issues.