Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Catiline Conspiracy - Character Art Thread

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
Hi Everyone, its been a long time since I posted here on Polycount, but I wanted to go ahead and share some of my latest work with you. Im working on a big project for myself called the Catiline Conspiracy and figured starting a thread for the character art would be a nice idea.

So here is the first character im working on, her name is Aurelia took some renders from Zbrush and keyshot, ill post some WIPs of the body soon, Im pretty satisfied with the face and move on to the rest of the character just to stay on task. but any comments of course are appreciated. :)

pJ5icS2.jpg
CajrkXD.jpg
5nLTR5V.jpg
QE0vgXR.jpg

Replies

• praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys just dropping by to share some of the progress for my character Aurelia. Getting close to finishing the high poly and will move on to the low poly pretty soon. Just need to work on the hands and detail the body in general and it will be time to move on to the low poly.

Any comments or suggestions you guys have are always welcome! :)
    0bGENmh.jpg
    V1Sd4ob.jpg

And just a little shot of some of her accessories and jewelry for the fun of it.
    2Dyrotc.jpg
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    It's coming along wonderfully :) Something feels a tad off about the forehead wrinkles, like it might be a "what if a different brush was used" situation.

Did you Slash brush those in?

And nice jewelry!
  • praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man thanks im glad you like it so far, yeah I took the dam standard brush to the forehead for the wrinkles. :p seemed to work at the time haha. I had another friend point it out too, so i'll go back and add some fleshiness to it try to make it appear a little more natural.
  • D_Wall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D_Wall polygon
    Saw this on Artist Old n' new! Looks good then and looks good now; though didn't see the full body shots! Did you sculpt the cloth or use marvelous designer?
  • praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man great to see someone from the group :) It was a combination of MD and traditional sculpting. I used MD to make the basic outfit, which was nice since it took care of most of the large folds for me. From there I used traditional sculpting in areas where the folds didnt seem to work or had to be removed because of other parts of the model like the belts. Or for more tight folds like the ones on the characters torso or the hanging sleeve folds of the dress, as well as just some touch up folds here and there.