Home Technical Talk

Left handed photoshop hotkeys?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Joltya polycounter lvl 10
Sup PC? Like everyone else, I use photoshop to texture my stuff along with a tablet. However, I am left handed, and I'm trying to set up a workflow that allows me to use my right hand for hotkeys so my left hand can use the pen, while not having to reach out across the keyboard, as shown by perna:

per128_3dsMaxKeyboardLayout02.jpg

So I was wondering if anyone in a similar position has any tips/keys that they use a lot that they'd like to share? All I really have is Ctrl + / and Alt + Ctrl +/ for step backward/forward and K for brush, but that's about it so far.

Replies

• Deadly Nightshade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deadly Nightshade polycounter lvl 10
    Have you tried using numpad for your shortcuts? (If you have long fingers you can probably use the right-side shift/ctrl keys while still using numpad). Or maybe just go with the entire area at the center of the keyboard (around the enter button)?
  • hanh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't have much with photoshop and I don't have a wacom. Being a righty and wanting to use shortcuts I find that things are built more for righties. But come on I got a whole hand that is most of the time sitting there for nothing. So my solution was to put the enter key and the delete key on the left side of the keyboard. remapkey for XP works sweet for moving around keys without buying things like lefty kb. Plus M$ gives away remapkey. linky is laying around here somewhere.