Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Please help me improve

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Dartist polycounter lvl 3
1arm_by_rockleefan-d8esga4.png

sketchstuff_by_rockleefan-d7ohlp8.png

monster_sketch_by_rockleefan-d7q1v47.png

Hello! Digital painting is not my forte, but I have been trying to get better. I was wondering if anybody could give me tips on how to better my art. If anybody has suggestions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks!

Replies

• jonjon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jonjon polycounter lvl 6
    Hi Dartist, it's great to hear that you want to improve :)

First off I'd like to say that rendering wise you're off to a great start. You've got a really good understanding how to blend colours. The thing that's standing out the most to me is the stance on your ginger haired character, the perspective seems a little off so it makes the pose a little hard to read. The body seems to be facing us yet the way you've painted the head, arms and shoulders suggests that they're meant to be facing a subject matter that is off the page to the viewers right. Perspective on characters is a really hard thing to tackle, it took me a while to get the hang of it. You need to alter the torso so that the direction it's facing corresponds with the shoulders. I've done a quick paint over to show you what I mean and to get it to a pose that I assume is what you're going for. Hope this helps!

Keep up the hard work!
  • Dartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the tips JonJon!
  • Dartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Work in Progress!  Trying to figure out armor, while adding my own style to it.  Will be updating soon this time :persevere:   Ohh geez polycount, UI has gotten easier  but I still have problems.  I'm so computer illiterate.

O