Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Lair of the Bandit King - Logan5

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Logan5 polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys, finally decided to give one of these awesome contests a go! So my idea is to step away from the usual fantasy stuff and go for something a little different.....

Its about 100 years after WW3, and as you can imagine the earths not in great shape! Gangs prowl the deserted cities, scavenging and hunting for food and ammo while trying to avoid packs of feral, mutated animals and of course other bandits! The past has been long forgotten and people have turned towards superstition and backwards religion based on notions from the "before times", some of the bigger gangs now compete for control over territory giving rise to brutal warlords intent on controlling the smashed remnants of civilisation.

Right now Im focusing heavily on developing a blockout of the throne room (gang hideout / HQ) and getting some simple paintovers done to get a handle on how this thing could look. For sure I want the gang that live in this place to have a clear identity, and that should be reflected in various insignias, banners, etc and even the design of the throne itself. Ive included a very early moodboard that will no doubt grow and change as I develop this thing.

7f1zk2T.jpg

Anyway I hope you guys like the idea, I'll be posting some blockouts very soon.