Home General Discussion

The One Handed Man Did It!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
I broke my right wrist. Any suggestions for a setup that will still allow me to model? As in ctrl, alt, and shift

Closest I could come:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FS3-P-USB-Triple-Foot-Switch-Pedal-Control-Keyboard-Mouse-PC-Game-Plastic-/400585328904?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d44bf0908

or

http://www.gamingmouse.com/gaming/fragpedal/quad/ (would get shipped faster)

Not sure how and if I can rebind those.

Any suggestion on a trackball? Must have all three buttons of course (not pressing the ball down for third)

Replies

• Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    USB gamepad and key-remapping program. I broke my wrist a few times and that`s what I did the last time it happened. The way the cast happened to be made I was able to put a PS2 controller in my hand and it kinda locked into position. Then I placed my hand on the desk in a resting position.

Trackballs? No clue...

I recommend these things because you`re gonna spend cash on something that you will need for only 6-7 weeks. It depends on so many things (the cast, hand size, comfort). So maybe the pedals will be the best bet, I imagine those would be great even after you heal!

Take care :)
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I met an artist once who worked with only one hand. I believe he was using foot pedals for alternative button functions but I can't recall the details.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks Lamont and Adam. Hmm might be possible to claw hold a gamepad. Any suggestions for a key remapper that works with gamepads? The ones I have seen seem to focus on rebinding keyboards alone.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    XPadder is the best one I know of.