Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Scrapped ad animation project

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
Hey all,

I was browsing through my external hard drive while cleaning up space on my laptop and found this old animation from last year that I made (time frame was about a month from concepting the storyboard to finish-ish). It's a bit different than what is mostly posted on the forums, but I figured what the heck I might as well share it since it was scrapped anyways.

Below is the copy and pasted information from the video incase you feel like reading a paragraph or two.

Yay for scrapped projects (but hey I got paid!)

Animation I created for a short video on Service Visualization for CA Technologies last year that was canceled due to a change in the project's direction.

The 3D animation was close to being finalized minus a few tweaks to the animation and additional polish on the intro/outro, as well as audio design, and was going to be the second in a series of three videos in similar styles focusing on DevOps software solutions in an abstract presentation. The scenes were modeled and animated in 3D Studio Max, and rendered using the gpu-accelerated Quicksilver hardware renderer.

Adobe After Effects was used post for stitching the images in their respective sequences, color correction, and additional font animations. Quicksilver was primarily used for speed in rendering out the video with constant revisions in about a month's time, versus say using something like mental ray.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n5Na8qrFdQ[/ame]