Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

Kayle & Morgana

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Klaus Hustle polycounter lvl 8
Hi People,

i am a bit late to the Party but i am glad to be a part!

After a little bit of experimenting with ideas i decided to do a Face-off between the two sisters, a trial of strength, to create a powerfull Illustration.

First of a few Sketches to experiment with the Idea :)

I thought about a redesign first, had some Ideas (Dragonqueen Skin) but decided to stay with the Original to maintain the likeness because the Illustration is ment to be about the action going on. redesigning champions is a lot of fun tho! :D but did not put much work into redesigning anything cause i wanted to focus on this one now!

aB9nwwe.jpg

Yy66C6q.jpg

cp2HYwX.jpg

menhHUg.jpg

Replies

• BlazeNoire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Found it!

The sketches are actually really nice:)
    Hope you have enough time to flesh your idea out!
    Looking forward to it!
  • Klaus Hustle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks alot BlazeNoir!

I know exactly what you mean, this forum got sooo much content. i really love to see all these huge varieties of styles and ideas!

I really felt like using 3D for certain parts this project. I just recently started using Zbrush, got my hands on it on the Laptop of a friend of mine and its such a cool addition to my workflow. i took the opportunity to learn it actively with workin on my Contest-Illustration!

so i started modelling Kayle, based on the sketches and the idea that i had in mind.

here is a little Screenshot, i painted the Fire-effect in afterwards.

DqLSvOF.jpg

more to come! :)
  • BlazeNoire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The pose is nice actually! The flame doesn't seem much like flame but I'm guessing it's early stage and you'll do more afterwards!
    I'm not sure if you can use that much 3D in the illustration category, maybe check the rules again?
    I'm saying this because the Character Art category is supposed to feature 3D models of the champions.

I wanna experiment on Zbrush too!
  • Klaus Hustle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks! :)

nah its fine, i checked it. someone asked on the FAQ thread, and, why not? people use daz studio and photos for reference, i am just building my own reference, so there is no point to ban 3d in a 2d contest. but thanks for the hint, it could have been banned!

but anyway, its going to be a 2D illustration soon, there will be enough painting the next days :D

what do u mean exactly with the fire? seems appropriate to me, brighter, more yellow where the flame is the hottest, with a reddish glow around it, the origin of the light-source. probably its because the red glow on the bottom is a bit too crisp to be seen as a glow. but i wanted to achieve a more fantasy appropriate look, not like pasted a generic bonfire on my sword and thats it, should look like firemagic ;)
  • BlazeNoire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Since you are covered with the 3D then all the better for you!
    You'll have the right values at least :)

Well about your fire I was talking about the particles, the colors you used work just great but I was thinking the particles at first. To make it looks more like the halo.
    But now that you mentioned you wanted it to look more like firemagic that's fine by me:)