Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Industrial Tree Mech Diorama PBR

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Benkeeling polycounter lvl 10
Hey Guys,

I decided a couple of weeks ago to make a mech with a small diorama with the aim to choose something smaller outside of work so I can focus on quality and not lose interest.

The following are some wip shots of the mech, its based of a concept by Peter Sutherland, its supposed to be something that quite industrial and functional but also could defend itself if need be. I am aiming to break this down into a few stages for the high poly because I really want to try and push myself in terms of quality

High Poly Blockout - figure out silhouette and get design working in 3d
Match Concept - Split the model into parts and focus on nailing all the major shapes from the concept, splitting allows to focus in on certain areas so it doesn't become overwhelming.
'Paul Pepera Pass' - Detail everything until it matches the quality of paul's work, piece by piece.

I have currently just finished the Match concept stage, (there are probably a few areas from keyshot renders which I will clean up) as you can see a few things have changed, I have redesigned the cab and legs to improve the silhouette and make it look more interesting in those areas.

TreeMech_HighPoly_TestScene.3.jpg

TreeMech_HighPoly_TestScene.4.jpg

Peter's awesome concept

peter-sutherland-tree-mech2.jpg

The diorama will be a small river bed scene and hopefully a cutting tree with random bits of bark flying everywhere, I have done a river bed sculpt with a few rocks and such so far.

Terrain_renderMud_Wip1.jpg

Replies