Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Quixel destroys normal map, WTF?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
Hi

I apply this normal map:
VyJ0cnV
VyJ0cnV.jpg

After Ddo makes a new project out of it this is the result:

lkelkXy.jpg

I tried moving files to other folder, restarting Ddo, different map setup and always I get this result? How to repair that?

Replies

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    it probably has to do with the layers or how exactly you are doing it
  • CKohl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CKohl polycounter lvl 10
    I definitely haven't had any banding results like that. What settings are you using in your project? What materials?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

To be honest Its a bit disheartening for us to come across posts with these kinds of titles, I understand you want the software to work but without knowing what the problem is it feel a little bit unfair.

Anyway, the problem would most likely be that you have used black on your Color-id map for a material and have the Seam termination box ticked. If that is the case try creating a new Color-ID without black colors or create a new project without seam terminatio checked!

Let me know if this helps :)
  • OutOfMyMind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OutOfMyMind polycounter lvl 5
    Hi!

To be honest Its a bit disheartening for us to come across posts with these kinds of titles, I understand you want the software to work but without knowing what the problem is it feel a little bit unfair.
    Didn't thought that the title would be a big deal to anyone, I've changed that :poly102:
    Edit: well at least I`ve tried to, cant change thread title.
    Anyway, the problem would most likely be that you have used black on your Color-id map for a material and have the Seam termination box ticked. If that is the case try creating a new Color-ID without black colors or create a new project without seam terminatio checked!

Let me know if this helps :)
    That is 100% correct. Black color on the ID map + seams termination = that kind of effect.
    I appreciate fast support. Thank you!

CKohl - no materials are needed to have such effect just low poly + black color id map + seam termination + normal map = boom!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I appreciate you tried to change the title, very nice of you! :)
    Great that the problem was solved as well!!