greentooth
Offline / Send Message
AtticusMars greentooth
So much trouble for a box mesh...

Low Poly UV layout:

21UfwxF.jpg

Mystery UV set that xnormal is baking to:

EQhMc0z.jpg

"Match UVs" Enabled seems to use the correct UV islands however the bake is completely hosed:

uzV6pTb.jpg

What the hell is this? :[

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    You should make sure that your low poly does not have multiple UV channels.
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Yeah that was the first thing I tried, there is only one uv channel

Edit: I've also tried just remaking the mesh (since is just a box... No luck...

I'm completely lost here. The uvs display fine, even inside of xnormals previewer. They just don't bake right...
  • jfitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    This looks like what happens when I chose the wrong high poly or when the low poly and high poly just don't match well...have you tried using ray calculator and all of that?
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Ray calculator? Not sure what you are asking

I'm guessing you mean that the meshes aren't lined up/sized properly? If thats what you're suggesting I don't think that's the case because it is baking to areas outside of my specified UV islands, which suggests to me that it is either misreading the UVs in the file or using some set that I can't locate or verify even exists.

It's also adding padding around the UV shells, if this were an issue of poorly matched meshes, the padding would still be in the right location.

This problem seems to be specific to FBX. Baking to OBJ works fine. I'm not sure if this is some sort of bug or a result of my own incompetence...
  • jfitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    Oh, it could be something weird in fbx export settings...I don't usually use FBX for baking so I wouldn't know.