Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Team Buddies UE4

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
funkbro polycounter lvl 8
So, as a learning experience i've decided to remake the PS1 cult classic using UE4. I've not long started but wanted to keep an online log of this + get any critique/feedback.

I'm not sure how long this is gonna take me to do because i'm gonna have to learn code/blueprints, rig/animate, create particles and probably shed loads more. Either way i'll go for as long as I can I guess :).

I've found an online design document with some of the original concept art, i'll use these as my primary source of reference seeing as i'm not as technically limited as those guys were! Visually i'm going to stick to the style seen in the original renders:

bud4.jpg

Here's were I am with the standard soldier in-engine:

unreal.png

To get different colours i'm using Colour masks with Material instances. Still playing around with everything at the moment, by no means finished.

I haven't touched the face or eyes yet and don't really know how i'm going to go about switching out eye meshes/changing facial expressions.
The eyes need to stay as separate meshes though because I plan on using this for the death animation:

death-team-buddies-concept-art.png?w=300&h=296

Next-up is rigging.

Replies