Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Swift Judgement Kayle

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
jfitch polycounter lvl 5
Hey all, I'll be working on Kayle for this competition. I don't know a ton about league but I'm excited to get started on this.

I'll be doing a somewhat darker version of Kayle's judgement skin, hopefully I'll post a quick concept sketch later tonight.

Replies

• jfitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    A very rough sketch to study Kayle's forms. I'll play with it a little more to see how I want to change the skin, but I'd rather do that in 3d. Off to Zbrush!

Ok2BmZ7.jpg
    used in-game version for reference.
  • CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Looking cool so far.

I'd really like to see the larger wings on her, creates some nice contrast with her body, but that's really preference more than anything.

Also, the sword may be a bit too long at the moment, it's longer than her body!

Kayle_5.jpg
  • jfitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    Good point, I like the look of larger wings! I was thinking about doing dragon wings on her and making her some kind of targaryen winged soldier, but I wasn't sure if that's cliche.

Also I really want to change the sword, I'm not a huge fan of how it looks at the moment, and it is way too big.

Thanks CJE!
  • Squals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squals polycounter lvl 5
    Hey Looking good so far, a large sword could work but something else on her has to be big as well, notice the massive shoulders / wings in the original concept. Love the direction though.!
  • jfitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jfitch polycounter lvl 5
    Thanks Squals. Once I get stuff blocked out in zbrush I think I'll be able to see that easier, never really been much of a painter but I've been feeling the itch to get into it. I suppose doing the hand painted textures will require that of me anyway!