Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Made a new showreel!

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
deohboeh polycounter lvl 5
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lix366-_rXE"]DevB Modelling Texturing Showreel 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

I just finished my first showreel. I hope you like it. Any critique, crippling truths, and comprehensive studies of my inadequacy are welcome! :D

Replies

• Popol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    1 minute 45 sec is way too long to display only two models. And I'm not a big fan of showreel for still characters, screenshots are way better to evaluate the quality of this kind of work.
  • deohboeh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol wrote: »
    1 minute 45 sec is way too long to display only two models. And I'm not a big fan of showreel for still characters, screenshots are way better to evaluate the quality of this kind of work.

Thanks for the reply Popol! I will keep that in mind next time. :)

P.S. I also have a portfolio page at artstation.
    I would much appreciate it if I could have your feedback on that.
  • Spoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    I agree with Popol. It doesnt make much sense to have a showreel showing off a single static character.

He looks nice, though. I think he could be really awesome if he was given some character. He looks very generic to me at the moment.
    Are you seeking feedback on the character, or the reel/presentation, by the way?
  • deohboeh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon wrote: »
    I agree with Popol. It doesnt make much sense to have a showreel showing off a single static character.

He looks nice, though. I think he could be really awesome if he was given some character. He looks very generic to me at the moment.
    Are you seeking feedback on the character, or the reel/presentation, by the way?

I agree on him being generic, he's my first anatomy study so I didn't want to mess up... I will try to put more character in next time.

Go ahead man! Tell me everything! Give me everything you got!
    morpheus-come-at-me-bro-reaction-gif-in-the-matrix.gif