Home General Discussion

Portfolio feast!

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
deohboeh polycounter lvl 5
I just made my artstation page and really needed advice on how it looks and feels. Please feel free to tear it apart.

http://deohboeh.artstation.com/

Your critique is much appreciated. :)

Replies

• Jean-Pascal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jean-Pascal polycounter lvl 5
    Hey deohboeh, I think you're off to a nice start!
    One thing that jumped at me is that your textures seem to be uneven. For example, your axe is quite detailed (although the metal part seems too noisy to me). While on the other hand, the skin of your character is very uniform. That's something you might wanna work on.
    Keep it up! :)
  • Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    art aside, grey on grey no matter how artistically inspired it is, is hard to read. especially with a super thin font like that. Every chance you give somebody not to bother reading the whole paragraph or whatever, the more chance there is that they won't do it.

Function over form with portfolios, the art demonstrates your art skills, not your layout.
  • deohboeh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deohboeh polycounter lvl 5
    Hey deohboeh, I think you're off to a nice start!
    One thing that jumped at me is that your textures seem to be uneven. For example, your axe is quite detailed (although the metal part seems too noisy to me). While on the other hand, the skin of your character is very uniform. That's something you might wanna work on.
    Keep it up! :)

Thanks for the reply Jean! This is my first character I will keep the detailing more uniform from now on. :)

Chimp wrote: »
    art aside, grey on grey no matter how artistically inspired it is, is hard to read. especially with a super thin font like that. Every chance you give somebody not to bother reading the whole paragraph or whatever, the more chance there is that they won't do it.

Function over form with portfolios, the art demonstrates your art skills, not your layout.

Thanks for the reply Chimp! I updated the page. I made the text brighter and the also changed the front gallery a bit. What do you think?