Home General Discussion

Anyone playing the Sims 4?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone on polycount has gotten around to playing the Sims 4.

It took me awhile to get used to going from 11 expansion packs worth of content to a new base game, and the whole load screen to walk on your neighbors lot still bothers me, but other than that I think a nice foundation has been laid out for the series to expand on.

I'm currently enjoying having the cast from Startrek : TNG live down the street from the breaking bad cast. Hank has a mineral collection, Jordi and Data are the dedicated toilet repairmen, and Picard is constantly going out in his new space rocket. Walter cooks... alot.. of white cake :D

Feel free to share your opinions and what you're currently up to in the Sims 4!

Replies

• weee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weee polycounter lvl 3
    as much as I liked The Sims, these days this franchise makes me stomach churning considering you merely get a barebone and have to prepare for the sh*t loads of paid DLC, I bet you if you need a fancy sofa you have to pay for a sofa exclusive DLC, that's forking insane and sickening.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    I was interested in trying it at first, but I won't touch Origin, lest it infect my soul and transform me into some unholy abomination.

Plus, no way at this point could I NOT play with alchemy. In fact, I want more of it.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    I bought it, "made" a friend of mine, modded a polycount t-shirt into the game, got him to be a master painter and have not played it since :D

Guess I will go back to it when the first expansion pack comes or if there is any cool mods.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I'm done with EA titles for a while, unless I can get a ridiculous sale.
  • stym
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Someone here has def. been playing with it :D

zXU5oJB.png

edit :\ I only saw it in videos, don't own it myself - but seems to be the default texture when they browse their phones.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Sims 3 had 11 expansion packs, 9 object packs AND an ingame onmline store where you can buy stuff. The expansion packs are £30 and the object packs £10. From what I gather, it would cost around $900 to own the complete game.

I'm just not interested in seeing the same for the Sims 4, especially as loads of core features were omitted compared to previous titles :/
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    I played it for a few days but grew bored pretty quickly. It's too buggy and shallow for now, I'll continue playing in year or two after several cool expansion packs.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I've been playing it a fair amount. I agree that it feels like a better foundation for the game, although there are some content packs I do miss (seasons + ambitions).
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Well it looks like Maxis gave their first major update to the base game today. They added back the ghost life state with the ability to possess objects and a few other odds and ends like Star Wars costumes (totally unexpected, but cool nonetheless) http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/

I'll give this to them, it looks like they're on the right track in making the base game feel more complete, adding in all of this a month after release seems like a solid move and shows that the developers care (rather than just saving everything only for the inevitable expansion packs, now if only we could get pools squeezed in there somehow ;) .)

/yay free updates

[EDIT] Apparently they're adding in pools free of charge sometime next month and new careers sometime around December. http://www.thesims.com/news/ts4-announce-Oct14

Yay Maxis! You know how to charm me with your witty writing and quirky sense of the world (/end sims, simcity, spore fanboyism edit)
  • Z-Axis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nah, I'm not playing Sims 4. If someone buys me a free copy and they move it to Steam, I might give it a shot.