Home General Discussion

Quick Anatomical Question: Head size and Head count

Anchang-Style
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
Ok here is where iam at:
a Normal Average man 7,5 Heads tall, Ideal is 8, Fashion is 8,5 Heroic is 9.
I really can't find information on the size of the head to calculate the round about body size of of these types.
I used Lightning of FFXIII and testing the Head count i came up with 7,5 Heads. So How tall is she supposed to be?
Trying out The Rock whom i thought might just be the ideal of 9 Heads...to my suprise he was just 8 Heads at a real lif e size of 1,96 cm (yeah i really can't do the whole inches thing). Which makes him 24,5 cm for a single head. Are there like average numbers for Man and woman what real world size they would be at what head count?

Replies

• Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    Ok here is where iam at:
    a Normal Average man 7,5 Heads tall, Ideal is 8, Fashion is 8,5 Heroic is 9.
    I really can't find information on the size of the head to calculate the round about body size of of these types.
    I used Lightning of FFXIII and testing the Head count i came up with 7,5 Heads. So How tall is she supposed to be?
    Trying out The Rock whom i thought might just be the ideal of 9 Heads...to my suprise he was just 8 Heads at a real lif e size of 1,96 cm (yeah i really can't do the whole inches thing). Which makes him 24,5 cm for a single head. Are there like average numbers for Man and woman what real world size they would be at what head count?

reality doesn't use formulas, everyone has a different sized head.

those are just very basic guidelines you should't religiously stick to.
    if you are not sure, do some lifedrawing until you get a feel for realistic proportions.
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    yeah it can go from 7-10 head counts (maybe lower for shorter people)....

7 being average
    10 being stylized hero type

also consider the width of the head compared to the body as it has a great impact on how big a head looks compared to the body.

these have the same height of body parts but different widths

size_matters.png?dl=0

size matters : )
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Marvel Comics has their male characters at 8.5 Heads tall.

Easiest rule of thumb to kinda follow (even though it's not completely accurate due to deviations in the bell-curve); is that most people have roughly the same sized head, and that doesn't change no matter how tall or wide they are.

Head size is used to give the sense of scale.

2960-street-fighter-ryu-vs-sagat.jpg