Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] Mason Knight Golden Crescent Helm

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
With any luck I will have the time to create a third and final entry to the competition.

This time around it's a helmet,instead of a weapon. I liked the idea of looted Saracen gear taken home from crusade, so to have a little variety the helmet will go in that direction.

15276586482_aff0bf83cc_o.jpg

The reference is derived from Mamluk warrior,who were the slave warrior class in the middle east who not only defeated and kicked the crusaders out of the holy land,but also defeated the Mongols in battle as well.

Below are a few concepts I drew up for the helmet design.

15090399408_19f73a986b_o.jpg

So with any luck ill finish and a helmet with a different twist into the competition.

Replies

• qassamzed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    qassamzed polycounter lvl 6
    just throw some idea, myb you can add some cloth/veil/turban with team color and also be carefull i just find out mason man at arms class have DLC helmet similar like that

IYB1Wwa.jpg
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    qassamzed wrote: »
    just throw some idea, myb you can add some cloth/veil/turban with team color and also be carefull i just find out mason man at arms class have DLC helmet similar like that

IYB1Wwa.jpg

bugger! Well that sucks,I considered making a weapon but unless you go over the top ,it all seems to have a sameish look to things,though this could have been fitting and unique.

Its good you pointed it out,its too similar.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Back to the drawing board. So as to not waste anyone's time here,a fun little fact about knights helmet.

Imagine you are wearing a Helmet with a visor,put your hand in front of the visor and lift it up to talk to your commander,that hand motion is the origin of the military salute! The motion of lifting up your visor to speak.

Bam,you learned something new!
  • zetheros
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    zetheros interpolator
    You just made a few dozen people across the earth salute their computers. Feel proud!
  • Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Niiiiice fun fact of the day :D