Home Technical Talk

ZBrush maskrect masking problem

weee
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
weee polycounter lvl 3
i just want to mask the front face using maskrect tool, but it always masks out the backface (well in this case the other side) as well, i can't seem to find a way to disable this anywhere in ZBrush, how do you go about this?

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Short answer: you can't.

The selection tools are designed to cut through everything, and automasking won't get in their way. If you don't want the backface masked then you'll need to hide those faces first or unmask them afterwards. Using the new GroupFront option (Tool: Polygroup: Group Front) may make this faster to work with only the polygons you can see.

Otherwise, an alternative is to use Projection Master. You can lay down your mask as black polypaint that only affects the visible faces, pick the tool back up, and then create a mask based on the polypaint intensity.
  • weee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weee polycounter lvl 3
    cheers, will check that, one more question, is it possible to manipulate the mask like you can in Photoshop, for example, I want to be able to select a piece of mask then cut/copy it to some other places, is it doable in ZBrush?