Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fantasy Spearman

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
Hello,long time no post here on PC,but I would appreciate some feedback. So im trying to pull myself out of my comfort zone and expand my abilities as an artist. So over a weekend i tried to design,model and texture a character. My goal is to be able to put character artist on my CV as a skillset,but I probably have a long way to go to feel comfortable creating characters.

So any critique or feedback would be lovely.

14987144555_0ca35bf22a_o.jpg

14800595507_81d2e855fa_o.jpg

Replies

• JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Giving this a bump so I can get some feedback,Lest my thread sink like a lead weight.
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Looks pretty good. I think the textures are really dark in some places, you should not use black in your diffuse.

the shoulders are also looking a bit strange, both the shoulder and the shoulder pads. his shoulders could be wider and it looks like his shoulder pads would fall of in front of him, rolling of his shoulders.

the face looks kind of wonky too, the mouth in particular,he looks kinda of "derp" in his expression. there is some weird highlight going on under his lips that makes it look like his mouth is open.

overall its looking really nice but giving the head and shoulder area some extra love would be good since thats where your eyes tend to focus.

I dont think you should feel uncomfortable with your character skills, this is overall not that bad at all :)
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks for the reply and feedback,admit tingly the texturing is what has given me issues,especially on the face,painting realistic lighting in such areas has been the tough part and it's the second rework I've made on the whole of the texture. I think I'll give it a third try after some more feed back and then try to make another character.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    So anyone know any good character texturing tutorial?