Home Quixel Megascans

Project has become corrupt somehow?

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
4ZWt26r.png

I just opened up a project i've been working on, tried to create a new smart material, and the above error appeared, about 4 times in a row.

I noticed that it's put colour info into the AO map, the normalmap comes out very bad (like dark blue). It's almost as if it's trying to apply changes to the wrong maps?

Anywho, until i can figure out (or someone can tell me how) to fix it, i can't proceed. =[

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi almighty_gir!

Sad to hear about your problem, I've had similar issues myself after working for a long time on the same project! What i did then was that i saved all my smart materials and just made a clean new project, maybe it is possible for you to do the same? This is a known issue and hopefully there will be a fix out soon! Im not sure if it will be able to "repair" the damaged project though.. Hopefully you can recreate your project without to much hassle!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Hi Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion, it works for now as a bit of a work-around. some of the masks i were using were heavily modified rather than the smart masks, but it shouldn't take long to redo them i hope.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good to hear! Sorry that you lost your masks, this problem will hopefully be gone soon!
    I hope you're saving your own masks, it really speeds up the workflow!

What i do is I save a base masks, dirt/scratches/paint and what not depending on the project, then i modify them for each smart material.That way you don't have to redo work and you still have unique masks for all your materials so it doesn't look generic!

I really recommend this workflow if you are not already using it!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I'll keep that handy little tip in mind!

Also, i believe i've found out what was causing the problem (for me at least). When i leave the room, my 2 year old likes to jump up onto my chair and start drawing like me, on my cintiq... I found that i had 3 "Background" layers in my gloss map. Once i deleted two of them, the problem went away!
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha well that was unexpected i have to admit! Just makes what is causing my similar issues more of an mystery. I don't have a two year old creating layers, that I'm aware of anyway :D