Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Adding rust leaks?

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, has anyone come up with a way to add rusty leaks in the new DDO utilizing object space normal maps?

Replies

• Wiktor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wiktor polycounter lvl 11
    By multiplying a rusty leak mask with the OBJSPC map you should be able to achieve the results you're after. The only issue is the orientation of the leakage, which would have to be set up in the UVs, ensuring that the direction of the leakage is correct.
  • mawilbolou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mawilbolou polycounter lvl 11
    I just googled "Leaking in DDO" and it brought me here...
    Thats alot of planning UV wise, or possibly a misuse of UV space, if its solely based on UV direction.
    This is obvs a post from 3 years ago, but has there been any advancements on this?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    There's no requirement to plan out UVs ahead of time if you're working with DDO. I would, however, highly recommend it. If you want rust leaking, the easiest way to achieve that effect is to hand-paint it in DDO Painter.
  • mawilbolou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mawilbolou polycounter lvl 11
    Ah Ok thanks. So no advancements then with regard to leaking... it would be such an awesome addition, to have leaking etc directional and not having to hand paint everything... especially when you have about 150 assets (like I do) all of which need texturing, with very similar leaking. I will have to switch to Substance to get this done.
    I appreciate the answer though Jonathan.