Home General Discussion

Animation paper Crowd Funding!

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
ponjarphy polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys,
just thought I would share this with you.
a former teacher of mine is developing a 2d animation software (or rather making a clean and up to date version of a former program).

And if this is something that interests you I think you should give it a look.
I have tried and used the earlier version (PAP) and found it pretty cool :)!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/animators-new-favorite-software-animation-paper

Replies

• Muzzoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Asking for WAAAAY too much cash.

As much as i loved PAP, they have to realize that you shouldn't be able to expect to kick-start a project, and expect a pay rise from your ordinary life in the mean time.

This would turn out to be a fucking rad but niche product. That being said i might throw in some cash and i wish them luck but i doubt it will be funded.

Also the decision not to make it multiplatform from the outset is silly... Kill off 2/3rds of your audience in one foul swoop.
  • Mstankow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    Mac first is dumb. No way man.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    with their stretch goal for a native windows port at $300,000. I don't see the point in backing them.

Yikes
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Mstankow wrote: »
    Mac first is dumb. No way man.

I think that's the dominant platform in the 2D animation industry. It's like critiquing 3D modeling software for leading on PC and having Mac as a stretch goal.
    Muzz wrote: »
    As much as i loved PAP, they have to realize that you shouldn't be able to expect to kick-start a project, and expect a pay rise from your ordinary life in the mean time.

Huh? Yeah, that's a lot of money for one person but he mentions hiring programmers, plural. Even by video game standards that's a bit low once you start splitting it up.