Home Technical Talk

[modo] Grid Snap

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Revel interpolator
Hi guys,

Recently I started my new project on UE4 and learned from the previous UDK project that 'simple' uv2 unwrap is not going to give any good (even though will finish unwrapped it faster but the amount of headache looking at nasty light baking...it's just not worth it...), so I google for a way to do a uv grid snap inside of modo but couldn't find any official way since the snap on 3d viewport just didn't work on the uv viewport, the closest that i can get was a solution from Ben Apuna HERE.

But it wasn't really a complete solution for me since it didn't work running the script on the uv viewport or we can't run it when something selected or it's snap relative on the initial position, means when it start not on the pixel perfect position, it's just won't work.

So i try to modified Ben Apuna's script and (somehow) make it (looks like) a modo kit. If you want to try and give it a go, you can get it from HERE. Just simply put it on your modo's scripts folder and from Form Editor>GridSnap>GridSnap>RMB Assign To a Key..
It's a very simple script and it did what I wanted, also quantize the uv so it will guarantee snap on the pixel perfect position whether it start from one or not. Other than that, I also added 0.5m (64 unit), 1m (128 unit) and 2m (256 unit) grid snap for the 3d viewport.

I hope you guys find it useful and it can help you on your project too :)