Home Technical Talk

Question - 3DS Max - Dynamic Rigging and Body Collision

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
Hey to all,

I was wondering if anyone per chance had any tips or could point me towards a good tutorial (maybe even site?), that might help me with rigging for dynamics and collisions inside of Max?

Basically, I want to have a character, with some baggy clothes, pick up a soft ball. As you can guess, there needs to be some interaction with the clothing on itself, and the hand slightly squeezing/deforming the ball (would be helpful if the objects could interact with one another correctly, and on itself).

The closest thing my google-fu brought me to are 'breast physics', so NSFW warning below:

AOy8vAAAAAAA8zMzMzMzMz8yIiIiIiIiIzPUndS9k52zM9TT1NPZ0jMz1NPU09ndszPU09Tdk7uzM9MzM9MzMzM93TMz0zMzM7MzMzMzMzM73d3d3d3d3d3doM1gjWB93d2gyg0MXA3d3aDKDQwNDd3dYO1gjQ0N3d0ODd3d3d3d1h1+zd3d3d2AAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARigging Dynamic Breasts
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=757689

They more or less actually what I'm looking for, however, both pertain to Maya with custom tools, I'm looking for something more standard (and if possible in Max).

Cheers in advance.