Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Title Sequence

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
hewitt96 polycounter lvl 10
Hey polycounters! I made this in about a day for a new demo reel. Critiques and comments are always welcome. Hope you enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeBVcXwFfdc&feature=youtu.be

Replies

• unit187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    unit187 polycounter lvl 9
    This is bad, sorry.
    The title screen should be informative; it should be easy to read whatever you write there. Now it moves and glitches all around the screen, making it very uncomfortable to focus my eyes on anything particular.
  • Lether
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lether polycounter lvl 8
    Maybe a little less movements on title. It's difficult to read all in the first time :) For me everithing is not bad ;)
  • Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Also, use a font that is easily readable. Fake cryllic is not.
  • Devil_Inside
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, that's a horrible font to use.
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unless this is for a specific purpose (e.g. class assignment), ask yourself whether you really need a demo reel, or would your time be better spent creating static images and an appealing portfolio? It really depends on the intended purpose. If you want to show off to friends, family & the world at large, then a demo reel is fine; for prospective employers, however, a portfolio is a better choice. Unless you have infinite time, you really shouldn't do both; your time should be spent creating, improving, and show-casing your art.

Assuming you're still going to do a reel, then keep it simple. Backgrounds & titles should be appealing without being distracting; they are merely transitions to the important stuff, your artwork. Your current style mirrors the frantic feel of some movies (e.g. Cloverfield) that will appeal to some, but annoy others - you have only to read these comments to see that. A more traditional look is safer, and will focus more of the criticism on the art itself.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    I agree with unit, i had a really hard time tracking it and don't understand why. If i was a prospective employer this would annoy me. Remember you are simply trying to convey art. Also by putting your name letters backwards and using l33t speak or whatever its called i couldn't figure out your name until i looked here and on you tube page ID
  • hewitt96
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hewitt96 polycounter lvl 10
    Thank you everyone for your feedback. I'm gonna move on to other things while I think on this sequence some more. When I come back to this in the future, I'm definitely going to take everyone's comment in to consideration when reworking this.

Thanks again for your time, and your feedback.

cheers!
  • Ervin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ervin polycounter lvl 7
    It also looks pretty cliche